Please note: This section of our site in currently under construction and the information below may not be accurate at this time.
- The Speaker (the “Speaker”) will attend and present a session lecture at Greater Edmonton Teacher’s Convention on behalf of the Alberta Teachers’ Association (ATA) in Edmonton, Alberta.
- Within a reasonable time prior to the Event, the GETCA will inform the Speaker of the specific location and time that the Speaker will be presenting his or her session(s).
- Speakers from out-of-town who qualify will be provided with a single night’s hotel room at The Westin Edmonton. Additional accommodation will be at the expense of the Speaker. Incidentals charged to the room will not be reimbursed (i.e., parking, liquor, movie rentals, room service, etc.). Further questions regarding accommodations, can be directed to the VP of facilities for GETCA at [email protected]
- Any costs of accommodation beyond those of the Speaker specifically (e.g. for assistants or spouses) are the responsibility and at the sole expense of the Speaker, unless otherwise arranged in writing with the GETCA.
- Speakers traveling into Edmonton must include their travel fees in their proposal fees.
Costs affiliated with travel, expenses and accommodations MUST be pre-approved by the GETCA committee and agreed upon prior to the speaking engagement. Any travel, expenses and accommodations which are not pre-approved and agreed upon prior to the speaking engagement will be the responsibility and at the sole expense of the Speaker.
- All duplications and handouts are the responsibility of the speaker. No additional funding will be provided. Speakers are strongly encouraged to use online file sharing sites or the convention Sched app to share their documents wirelessly with the delegates.
Materials and Material Fees
- The Speaker must refrain from selling any materials or products or otherwise engaging in any promotional activity within the context of the sessions at which he or she is presenting. If a speaker chooses, he or she may contact their publisher to request that a booth be available for promotion of their books and materials. Booths can be booked through “Exhibits” menu on this website.
- In some cases, the GETCA may collect fees from teachers to cover the costs of offsite activities and consumables. In most cases, these fees will be paid to the Speaker after the Event unless a request for earlier payment is requested by the Speaker and approved by the GETCA Treasurer.
- Reimbursement of material costs require pre-approval from the GETCA. To have costs reimbursed, speakers must provide the GETCA with an invoice of pre-approved costs, payable after the completion of the conference. If pre-approval of speakers costs is not obtained the cost will be responsibility and at the sole expense of the speaker.
- The Speaker may cancel his or her appearance at the Event without penalty, provided that the Association receives written notice of such cancellation by no later than 90 days prior to the Speaker’s first scheduled speaking engagement at the Event.
- In the event that the Speaker’s cancellation is by reason of illness or bereavement, the Association receives from the Speaker:
- written notice of such cancellation prior to the Speaker’s first scheduled speaking engagement at the Event; and
- satisfactory confirmation, within 2 weeks of the conclusion of the Event, that an illness or bereavement in fact existed which necessitated the Speaker’s cancellation of his or her appearance at the Event.
- If the Speaker cancels his or her appearance at the Event, but fails to do so in accordance with 1 and 2 above:
- the Speaker will be responsible for the cost incurred by the Association to rent the room in which the Speaker was scheduled to speak, provided that the Association, upon having made reasonable efforts, is unable to arrange for an appropriate replacement speaker; and
- the Speaker will be responsible for all pre-arranged travel and/or accommodation costs (including any additional penalty costs), provided that the Association is unable, through reasonable efforts, to arrange for a replacement speaker to travel and stay in the Speaker’s place or otherwise avoid those costs being incurred.
- The Association shall communicate to the Speaker in writing by no later than two weeks after the conclusion of the Event all costs that the Speaker becomes responsible for as a result of his or her cancellation of their appearance at the Event.
- Except as otherwise provided in this agreement, the Association will not be responsible for special, incidental, or consequential damages in any circumstances, including circumstances arising from the Association’s cancellation of the Event or the Speaker’s session(s) for any reason or at any time whatsoever.
- If the Association cancels the Event or the Speaker’s session(s), the Association will be responsible for the pre-arranged travel and/or accommodation costs (including any additional penalty costs) of the Speaker that are associated with the Speaker’s intended engagement at the Event, provided that neither of the parties is able, through reasonable efforts, to arrange for those costs to be avoided.
- If the Association cancels the Event or the Speaker’s session(s), the Association will not be responsible for payment of any honorarium or appearance fee that the Speaker would have received pursuant to this contract had the Event or session(s) not been cancelled.
- If the Association cancels the Event or the Speaker’s session(s), the Association may, at its discretion, compensate the Speaker for all or part of the costs that the Speaker incurred in preparation for the Event or otherwise. Such compensation by the Association will not be construed to be a waiver of the Association’s rights under other parts of this agreement nor otherwise stop them from relying on those rights.
- Any monies payable between the parties, either for honorarium, reimbursement of expenses or otherwise, must be paid in full by no later than two weeks after the amount owing has been properly communicated to the other party pursuant to the terms of this agreement, and will not be paid at or before the event.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Consent for Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information (Audio-Visual / Photographic Images)
- I understand that my personal information will be collected, used, and disclosed by the Alberta Teachers’ Association in the form of photographs (and any identifying captions), audio and/ or video recording for the purpose of including same in materials published online and in print related to my participation at the Greater Edmonton Teachers’ Convention as outlined in the attached contract.
- I further understand that participant evaluations will be collected and used by the Alberta Teachers’ Association that may include my personal information.
- My signature below indicates that I consent to the above-described collection, use, and disclosure of my personal information for the stated purposes.
- I understand that the Privacy Officers of The Alberta Teachers’ Association is available to answer any questions I may have regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of these photographic images. I understand that I may withdraw or vary this consent by contacting the Privacy Officer. The Privacy Officer can be reached at 780-447-9400.
This document represents the entirety of the agreement between the parties. There are no other representations, conditions or warranties.